The ramblings about my food adventures while visiting establishments of deliciousness featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. Come along for some food and fun (and lots of places that WEREN'T on the show)!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Rivals Hot Dogs


Location: Loganville, GA
Price: $

(CLOSED as of Jan 2012)

This is a really neat, little family run hot dog place. They don't do anything except hot dogs. If you want a grilled cheese, go somewhere else because their specialty is good 'ol Southern style hot dogs. When you walk in you are greeted with the local school colors on the walls, local team paraphernalia, a TV with ESPN airing, and (here's the really fun part) the top half of the walls are covered in long slats of tin roofing material so customers can write all over them. It really has a great feel to it!

Having to keep up with a 2 year old running around I wasn't able to really pour over the menu like I wanted. I ordered a Varsity hot dog combo and got a JV dog for my son. By the way, a Varsity dog is their 1/4 lb hot dog and a JV is a regular sized dog (didn't I mention that the place is full of sports stuff?!). They each came with home cut french fries. The prices seemed a tad high to me but then again, they're pretty big dogs (and I've never eaten at another hot dog place to compare it to!). Once we got the food, all my son wanted was the french fries. They were really, really good. I did manage to get him to eat some of his dog though. I really enjoyed my hot dog; cooked just right, great taste, what more can you ask for in a dog? When I caught a sniff of the chili the gentleman had at the next table, I promised myself I would get a chili cheese dog the next time I was in!

If you're brave, you can try their "Hell Hound Challenge:" attempting to eat some really HOT hot dogs!

This was just a fun little local place that just gives you a good feeling. I wish there were more little places like this around these days! If you're in the area, check it out! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Website: www.rivalshotdogs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment